Broadbent Theatre Technical Specification
The aim of this section is to aid visiting theatre companies and organisations wishing to hire the theatre.
- Dimensions: depth 5.84m, width 5.45m (at narrowest), 6.76m (at widest), height: 2.74m (under pros arch), 4.26m (downstage), 3.65m sloping down to 2.90m behind pros.
- Masking: 2x 2.4m x 1.2m free-standing wooden book flats (usually painted black) hinged in center.
- Tabs: Red centre parted curtains on tracks mid-way down stage (behind pros-arch). They are operated from the SL wing.
- Access: Get-in access from the road to the stage is along a 1.2m (4ft) wide pathway and into doorway to the side of the stage. It is possible that larger objects could gain access by the front doors and through the auditorium or through double fire doors at the rear of the building (Green Room)
- Sound and Lighting is operated from the gallery at the rear of the theatre above the auditorium. Access is up a vertical ladder and through a hatch. This is intended for single operation, there is space for 2 people max.
- Mac Mini running QLab v5
- 3 x 6ch Zero 88 Beta Pack Dimmers (2kW per channel) with twin 15Amp sockets (analogue control)
- 5 x Profiles with gates
- Various CCT Minuette for wash
- Pin Spot and mirrorball
- LED fixtures
- 3x Elumen8 CYC100 RGBW 100W COB Cyclorama Wash
- 4x Elumen8 MP75 LED Fresnel RGBW
- 2x ADJ UB12H LED Light Bar mounted downstage as footlights. These have UV.
- Ayra TDC SeaWave water/mottle effect colour light
- ViewSonic LS831WU ultra short throw HD projector, HDMI input from gallery
- Show use:
- Mounting position for shows is flexible from lighting bars, need to be very close to chosen screen surface
- Rear wall painted white
- Not movable during show
- No shadows from performers due to proximity to screen
- Cinema positioning
- Fixed mounting in front of reds front and center
- 4m electric drop-down screen (requires reds to be closed)
- No ability to project on to the floor
- 8 channel mixer with digital input for audio out from QLab
- 4 speakers, one in each corner of auditorium pointing inwards. Set as stereo pairs, individual level balancing
- Two additional active speakers available, a 18″ sub and a 15″ full range, these are normally used to provide 5.1 for cinema mode, but are available if needed. The full range speaker is self powered and has Bluetooth connectivity.
- There is no dedicated orchestra pit area.
- There is an 8in, 4out stage snake connecting stage to gallery.
- Telephone sets (3 stations) located in lighting/sound gallery, green room and stage left wing
- Ladders available
- A selection of chairs are available
- Tip up raked seating
- Licensed for an audience of 100 people
- Wheelchair access using side door
- Central aisle with steps
Green Room / Dressing Room / Kitchen / WC
- Comfortable seating
- Well lit mirror/make-up stations
- CCTV system with view of the stage
- Microwave Oven
- Hot drink making facilities
- Props table and costume rails
- Iron and board
- No personal dressing rooms are available (communal area)
In house technician
An in-house technician will be familiar with the in-house equipment and be available to generally assist. They do not have specialist skills, in particular live musical performances should be prepared to mix their own sound.